Articles Posted on Churchinperth SoundingBoard
- My Biography of Drug Abuse and Recovery Charles Slack PhD
- Why am I so lonely and depressed all the time?
- Ears to Listen – the solution to the drug problem
- Making Change
- Where are you?
- Depression and Grief
- The Celebrity-Worship Show
- Humble Pie Yields Just Deserts
- As Good as Mother Teresa?
- Real Highs: getting there
- God’s Success Rate
- Miracle Depression Cure
- How to Shine – the Most Effective Sermon Ever Heard
- Einstein, Moses, My Father and Me
- The Ex Factor Treatment
- The Desires of Your Heart
- The Shining Secret
- Drug Truth: Murder Will Out
- The Road to Rage City
- Judge Not!
- Melted Minds vs Solid Reality
- Prayer for Sin City
- Healing For the Wounded Soul
- Shiny Things
- God’s Word on Depression
- The Other Nine
As a student and instructor in Psychology at Princeton (1946-1955), I had conversations with Albert Einstein and other masterminds. As an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology at Harvard (age 26-31), I took LSD with Timothy Leary and other hippies and became a poly-drug addict and unemployed mental patient. Healed by the Lord Jesus, I’ve been totally abstinent from all drugs and alcohol since March, 1976. A gainfully-employed resident of Australia since Oct. 1976 and a self-funded retiree since 1992, I preach His Gospel and share my testimony at every opportunity.
Dr. Charles Slack is well-known in Australian recovery circles. He gained a PhD in Experimental Psychology from Princeton University and became an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology at the Harvard Psychological Clinic from 1955 to 1960.
He was amongst the first to experiment with LSD and as a result became addicted. In 1976, clean and sober in 12-Step programs, he migrated to Australia to start a new life.
Until recently, he and his wife, Sue, were co-pastors of the Green Head Christian Fellowship, 300km north of Perth. Retired at age 83 and abstinent from drugs and alcohol for over 36 years, he is Chairman of B-Attitudes Inc., and a speaker on drug issues.
Charles Slack @ Cross Connect